What, or whom, inspires you?
I have many people and things that inspire me: My family, my friends, my cats. My home and the world around me.
I find it inspiring to walk along a river bank. To walk the bike path, snapping photographs of nature. I am always inspired to write when I come from spending time on the mountain, as well.
Books and movies always inspire new ideas. While reading or watching, an idea will often pop into my head that I have to rush to record on a sheet of paper, lest I forget it completely.
To find what inspires you, try:
- Sitting in a crowded restaurant, watching and listening to the people around you. What do you see? What do you hear?
- Sit back and watch your friends and family interact with each other. What do you feel?
- Take a long drive, or a walk in nature. What do you notice?
Quick Writing Tip
Writing about what inspires you can be a healthy exercise.
5 Writing Prompts
- Article Idea: Your favorite family activity.
- Screenplay Idea: A quirky friendship.
- Poem Topic: Nature.
- Novella: Overcoming the fear of crowds.
- Novel: You watch a movie, and then start living it.
Inspiration and genius – one and the same.
Find something that represents whatever it is that inspires you. Place it in a prominent place, either on your desk, or elsewhere in your office area.
Green Your Freelance Business is a helpful book for the freelancer or anyone with an office. Discover many ways to green your business activities as well as your office. If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon yet, or if you’re looking for more greening tips, this is the eBook for you.
Green Your Freelance Business has been edited, updated with new information, and provides action steps to help you along the greening journey.
A bonus section at the back of the book offers three creative projects for freelancers. Have fun!
44 pages. epub. lulu.com. $7.99
Copyright 2011 Shannon L. Buck: How to Live the Freelance Life